Thursday, July 31, 2008

Awfully far from home, ain't ya, Bambi?

Imagine my surprise when I looked out our back window
and found THIS face staring back at me!
.
.
Silly, I KNOW, but I grabbed for my camera and yelled for the boys to come see... Quick!

.
It's not evra dayee that us city kidz see wahld critterz a-wanderin' though our yard
a-munchin' on our them-thar bushes-a-owrz!
.
.
We live a good several miles from the eastside foothills where they usually frequent, after all.
.
.
So we had a few magical minutes watching them, watching us!
.
.
And pardon my non-deer-saavy- lingo, but there were 2 young bucks
hanging out up on our back rock-wall... (Look close!)
.
.
Note the big 5-pointed horns/antlers on the far right, in the shade... he was the "look-out", I think.
.
.
I jokingly told Kaden to go get his new cross-bow and we'd eat this guy for dinner...
..
You should have seen his face... I thought he was going to cry!
.
.
(Yeah... we're a bunch of softies... NOT a drop of Hunter-blood amongst us!)
.
This little fawn wandered and galloped all over the place! Soooo cute!
.
.
Trevan wanted to go out and pet it!
..
And didn't understand why it ran away when he climbed into the window to get a closer look... City Slickers! I guess they have a few things to learn! :)

5 comments:

Jenn Granum said...

So fun - we get deer all the time here! I love to watch them - so cute and graceful! Congrats to Caden and his baptism. He looks so handsome on his special day!

Anonymous said...

Emi and I just looked through your blog. She can't believe the deer in your backyard. Thanks for the birthday part. So sweet!
Cheryl

jaredean said...

think of all of the money people pay to go to the Zoo in actual big cities to see what you got for free...

Very cool that the other two were watching as well...

{jane} said...

Deer sightings are so fun, we get lots down here, but it is a little shocking to imagine them making it across town to your backyard! I can just see your boys running window to window to watch them. :)

aLySsA said...

Thats so cool! its probably really rare to see bambi outside your windo!