Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Blast from the past!

WOW! Lookie what I was surprised to find on the Haley Family Blog this morning!
.

To read more or view the post, click here:
.
What a blast from my past!
Alison (Perry) Haley was my roomie- roommate my second year at Ricks College. We shared a room and our college-girl lives together in Harmony House #210 the school year of 1995-6. What a FUN time we had! we were such goofballs... I have so many great memories! Love that girl!
.
.
Alison and I had lost touch for a while and have only recently sent annual Christmas cards to each other. Until the WONDERFUL-world of blogging reconnected us! Alison google-searched me and found my Picture This... website and then, even better, our blog! She sent me an e-mail and we have been enjoying staying in touch for a few weeks now and catching up on each others lives.
.
This is what I love about the blogging-circuit! In 5-10 minutes a day (or several times per week), I can keep up with the goings on of family, friends and long-ago friends/acquaintances I don't otherwise often cross paths with. It is so fun to see what everyone is up to and feel in some small way connected to their far-away life. If you can't tell, I love it and am totally addicted!
.
Ali, remember? We took this CHEEZY photo in the Jailhouse at Smith Park to send to "our Matts" to show them how much we were missing them...
.
.
My Matt was attending Snow College, a million miles away and your Matt ("Bones", we called him!) was away on some Fashion Club trip, or something, I think. I'm not sure if you two were "together" yet or still part of the Harmony 210 triangle... (or was is a square? I can't remember how many of our roomies were into him... but at least 2 or 3 of you! ...Glad the best woman won!)
.
So crazy that 13-ish years later, we are both happily married to those very same "Matts"!
We both have 3 boys, almost the same ages and Alison just had a beautiful baby girl, Ella, last spring. I am expecting our 4th, (still to be determined as another boy or a sweet girl) ...funny how similar our families are! We also love so many of the same things and have nearly all the same interests. She is a true bosom-buddy!
.
I have such fond memories of that year together, Al. It was such a fun time! I am so glad to have found you (or to have been found!) and to be keeping in touch!
I love your guts, girlie and would LOVE to see you if/when you ever get out this way again!
(Or maybe we'll have to take a trip..!)
Until then, we have blogging!

9 comments:

MiNdY said...

Awe, That is AwEsOmE you found each other! I love the Jail picture.. So darling of you two. and I am glad you both are with the same Matts, still, as well ;)

Kajsa Farnsworth said...

I too am addicted to blogging for many of the same reasons!

It's so fun that you reconnected with your roommie and very interesting that your lives have followed silimar paths all of these years later.

Now what I want to know is why the Granger girls never age. Seriously, I keep seeing pictures of you all from the 90's and only the hair and clothes are different! Did they put something in that WVC water?

The Haley Family said...

ah...how sweet! I had the best year, roomie!!! Yes, I do remember why we took the picture...for our "Matt's". Check my post...there is one of the 6 of us now!

Love you girl!!!!

Courtney said...

Hey Sara! It has been such a long time! Alison sent me your blog. I have always wondered what happened with you guys. Can you believe that picture of all of us?! Wow, it doesn't seem like that much time has gone by. Here is my blog
www.littlesomething.wordpress.com
love ya

{jane} said...

great pictures, blogging is the best. I just love re-connecting with old friends. It's crazy how similiar your lives are...married Matt's, 3 boys, i think this is good luck for you having a girl since her 4th was!

6 P's in a Pod said...

I can't believe how YOUNG you look! I swear in the jail picture you look like you're 12 and it was college?? Holy cow!!
P.S. I went to Ricks too but 1991-1992. I've got one foot in the grave. I lived in Autumn Winds.

Britney said...

I love blogging for that reason. I can't believe how many friends from high school and college I have "met" up with! So fun!

Joey and Nettifer said...

Sara, so happy you post on my blog- you are so stinking adorable and to think when i first met you, you were having your first baby - got to love friends like that! That is how I feel with the Staker girls! But I we are now going on 25 years of know each other. Am I that old? Ouch!

jenn said...

This blogging thing is the greatest. Nothing like reconnecting with best friends. Love the picture in the jail, by the way. Such a girl/college thing to do!