Monday, March 17, 2008

WORST Mom EVER!

Remember how I thought Dayne seemed to be feeling better this morning? Well, he took a turn for the worse a few hours later... His nose was running out-of-control, and I was worried by how green the "drainage" was. (Gross, I know!) I was concerned that he might have a sinus infection or something. I, myself, was feeling like death-warmed-over, so I called and made Dr. appointments for both of us.

Yeah... well, it turns out sweet little Dayne has double ear infections (in both ears!) and the left ear is so bad that the drum has actually burst! I had NO IDEA! I have always been able to tell before! He has not pulled on his ear this time or anything! This is his 5th... FIFTH... ear infection since Christmas and they want to start talking about tubes... I am so sad for him! I feel just terrible! Poor sweet boy!

I, on the other hand, am just so very grateful to find that apparently, my "cold" is actually strep and a kidney infection. Ugh. So crappy to be sick... Even worse when you are pregnant and can't take a dang thing! (Tylenol? Please!) Antibiotics to the rescue... I should start feeling like a new person in a day or two!

11 comments:

Shannon said...

Is that why you haven't been to the Gym?
I can't believe i can finally Comment!!!
Hope you guys feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear that you are both sooo ill. Good luck with the ear infections, they are a nightmare!

Mauri said...

Sorry you guys aren't doing so good. We missed you at Sunday dinner. Motrin worked the best with Aria's ear infections. Hope you guys feel better soon!

meg said...

OH man! Sorry to hear y'all aren't feeling good! :( Hope it passes quickly.

Marianna said...

That's the worst! At least with strep you feel better almost instantly once on the anitbiotic! Hope you are both recovering, take it easy girl!

Lynette said...

These are the kind of days that you need to write down in your journal. Otherwise your kids won't believe all this happened to them when they are older and you won't remember either. You will be so proud of yourself when you read all the trials you endured and lived to tell about them.
I hope you will both be feeling better soon. It's so hard to have a sick baby when you are not feeling well. You have all my sympathy and then some.
Love Auntie L

{jane} said...

Those were worthwhile visits to the doctors office! holy moly. From the comment I got - you were able to sleep and bath all day, good for you! Get better soon!!!

{jane} said...

by the way, that picture of that screaming baby is hilarious! I actually own an ice pack like that! It's a mini-retro one, my kids love it!

Kajsa Farnsworth said...

Oh no! Hopefully those antibiotics will kick in right away! Ugh, it's so hard to take care of sick kiddos when you are sick yourself :-(

Unknown said...

Bursting ear drums... yowza! I can't imagine!

I hope you feel better soon.

Isn't it nice, in a way to know that you are more sick than what you thought. I know it helps me feel less wimpy!!!

Jenn Granum said...

So sorry you guys are so sick! Hope you feel better soon! My nephew had to have tubes in his ears. Kinda gross when you have to clean actual boogers out of their ears when they are sick but it really does help with the infections!