Monday, January 10, 2011

Sparkling afternoon...

A very fine mist of snow has been gently falling since the wee hours this morning
and has continued silently into this afternoon.
It's so fine that you'd hardly even notice it
if it weren't for your windshield needing an occasional swipe.
~
~
It helped when the sun started to peek through a few hours ago,
because now it sparkles as it cascades down from Heaven.
~
~
And everything previously gray and dingy
has suddenly been covered with a fresh, sparkly clean coat.
~
~
You gotta hand this one to Mother Nature...
The effect is quite stunning, I must say.
~
~
(The pictures don't do it justice at all.)
~
Well, a little bit ago,
as we backed out of the garage on our way out for a couple errands,
Dayne looked out the window and gasped, "Oh, my!"
I chuckled because it sounded so funny and so old-fashioned...
not one of his normal expressions...
"What?", I asked.
"The sky is glittering!", he said.
"Ha!", I laughed out loud.
It really did look exactly like glitter!
~
I looked back at him,
awestruck,
watching intently out the window as we pulled down the street
~
~
and smiled to myself,
so thankful for this little boy...
his enthusiasm,
his happy, pleasant, optismistic nature
and his utter and absolute zest for life and all things in it.
~
Just then he whispered,
"And it is so bea-U-tee-full, Mom!"
~
Yes, Daynen... It is beautiful.
LIFE is beautiful!
And I am so blessed to see it through your eyes!

3 comments:

bonniecronquist said...

Love it...ON my way to work this morning we saw the sun rising (it has been very dingy here lately and no color at all. I told me daughter to look at the beautiful colors. My 3 year old son...went wow! It is soooo beautiful! When a girl says something like pretty or beautiful it is just that, but when a little boys says it...for some reason it really hits the spot! Thanks for sharing!

Bridget said...

I, too, have been a little out of blogging lately...and reading others' too. And I was so excited to see that you've updated yours. For you have been on my mind. And I have wondered about your family. I am so pleased to see your beautiful family photos. They are truly a treasure. Welcome back!

Unknown said...

Water Hack Burns 2lb of Fat OVERNIGHT

At least 160 000 men and women are hacking their diet with a easy and SECRET "liquids hack" to drop 1-2lbs every night in their sleep.

It's painless and works on everybody.

This is how to do it yourself:

1) Take a glass and fill it up with water half full

2) Proceed to use this proven HACK

you'll be 1-2lbs lighter the next day!